Monday, February 1, 2010

A Personal God We Serve

I do not think I will ever truly comprehend the love or the care that our Lord Jesus Christ showers over us.  I know that we see Him show up corporately in worship, and that He leads and guides, and that the Bible says that even if it was just for ME that He would still have died for MY sins, but how to process that in the limited mental capabilities we have this side of Glory is beyond me. 

He is famous for it.  Examples? I have many, but two come to mind.  First, when we have gone to a Beth Moore conference in San Antonio, or the Deeper Still conference in Oklahoma City...10,000 women in that building.  All praising the Lord.  All listening to the same speaker(s).  All hearing the same spoken words.  But the Spirit of the Lord is able to whisper individual Words to each of the women there.  Individually.  Different.  Loving. Confirming.  Prophetic. Replies.  Whatever their need is to hear a Word from the Lord.  Then a weekend like this last one.  SBTC Women's Ministry Leadership Forum.  All different classes and topics, one main speaker, Cindy Wood, but more importantly, One, THE ONE AND ONLY, Lord, Who took what the ladies were saying, and confirmed things in my life from several different areas.  One lady stood and gave a message...the same message the Lord had helped me finish that VERY morning for an upcoming retreat.  Did you hear me...the SAME message...the same 3 scripture passages...the same topic, the same message!!!  I could only sit, with my jaw dropped, and cry.  Then in other classes, He spoke confirming our ministry ideals and goals, my New Years resolution of Total Surrender, the theme for our conference, I can not even name them all. 

I do not tell you this to say, woowoo look at me.  Quite the opposite.  I was doubting things I knew He had spoken to me because of lack of vision of what He was  going to do with it, thinking I was doing it in my own strength possibly, and even due to some criticism from other sisters.  He knew I was seeking him.  He knew that the purpose of my fast was to hear a Word from Him, to draw closer to him, that I was desperate for Him.  AND HE LOVED ME ENOUGH TO SPEAK A VERY PERSONAL AND LOVING WORD TO ME IN THOSE TIMES.

Praise be to the Lord God Who loves us enough to be intimately involved in our everyday lives, that is, if we invite Him to be, look for Him to show up, and listen to Him when He speaks to us.

John 10:27


My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Thank you Father for loving us so perfectly, personally, and precisely.

You alone are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment