Thursday, June 30, 2011

Joshua in Manitowoc

As I was journaling and praying about our upcoming trip this morning, God gave me an incredible picture. He is so amazingly faithful.


My prayer, was this: Father, prepare me for the trip ahead. Prepare my heart and my mind to only speak those things that You would have for me to speak. Let it be all about You Lord. Let our trip honor You and bring glory to You. I pray that You draw people to Your loving side. I pray for 15 salvations, and twice that added to the body of Your church. Go before us Lord. Prepare the lives to be ripe. Prepare the hearts to be tender. Prepare the minds for understanding the things of You. Prepare Your children to meet their Father face to face and give them willingness to act on the drawing of Your Holy Spirit. May they run into Your open arms. May they come to know You as both Savior and Lord. Bless me, my girls and our team with a fresh fire, a fresh anointing; fill us to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. Change us forever to never want to live our lives a single day without telling others of Your all-sufficient Grace, and the miracle of salvation in our own lives. Amen.

Then, a little later as I was looking for something different, He gave me Joshua 3:7-13. I had studied this earlier in the week, and he revealed something to me, but first, the application.

*God goes before His people and prepares the way, even when there seems to be no way.

*We are fixing to act as the priests here, in that we will be called to stand in the gap (the river) by the measure of faith He has given us, for the people we come in contact with in Manitowoc. (Symbolically speaking, not saying I am a priest, but priesthood of believers.)

*God will drive out excuses, religions, habits and wrong beliefs just as He promised to drive out all the “-ites” from before His people crossing the Jordan river in faith, from before the people He is calling us to go to.

*God will hold back the flood of words and conflicting thoughts in order for us to proclaim His truth by the blood of the lamb and the words of our testimonies, to His called children.

*He will deliver His people in Manitowoc to the salvation (Gilgal) that He alone is able to offer and complete.

If you jump ahead to Joshua 4:3-9, it talks of setting up stones. This is where I have been pondering the last couple of weeks that He just made so clear. Some of the men were to take stones out of the river as they crossed to set up at Gilgal as an altar, spiritual marker, to the Lord. Joshua, however set up 12 stones in the river before the priests left that place and the presence of the Lord was still staying the rivers. Why 2 different sets? What was the significance? For this application, there will be spiritual markers set up for both us and those we are going to serve. Those in Manitowoc who will meet Him when they get to the place of coming full circle with God (meaning of name Gilgal), and some spiritual markers will be set up in our remembrance before we leave that place by God Himself, to serve as spiritual markers in our lives and for the rest of our lives. Two sets of spiritual markers. One God giving His spirit and revelation to all. All lives changed forever.

Thank you Lord for Your promises to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment