Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life Interrupted

Yesterday was a life interrupted in so many ways. What was “planned” to be a visit to be there for support during a heart surgery turned to so much more. In the interest of this blog, things are oversimplified, and many details just cannot be shared due to time, space and privacy, but the theme is the same… as hard a day as it was yesterday, I would not trade it for having been anywhere else.


While at the hospital, God led me to go pray with a complete stranger who was obviously distraught about news of a loved one. Knowing no other details, He had me go over, kneel down beside her and ask that sweet lady if I could pray for her. She enthusiastically agreed. During the prayer, she spoke in tearful agreement with what I was praying. Yes, Jesus. Please, Jesus. Jesus. After I prayed she informed me that no one in her family or friends were “a praying person” and she had so needed that prayer. My comfort briefly interrupted. Her grief interrupted. Life interrupted.

I also had opportunity to visit a dear friends family member who had been in hospice care in the hospital for a couple of days and I had visited previously, even that morning. When I got to her room, she was still unresponsive, but sadly, alone. God led me to stay. Play some quiet instrumental music version of praise and worship songs. Pray with her. Read to her. Sit quietly with her. Upon return of my friend, literally within a very few minutes this loved one entered eternity. Tears. Prayer. Praise for peaceful passing. Packing up belongings. My comfort interrupted. Her lonely departure interrupted. Life Interrupted.

So what is the point? My life, and yours, is shaped by plans, priorities, comforts, and responsibilities, but there are times when God nudges you to be somewhere you just know you are supposed to be, and comfortable or not, Some of the toughest situations in life render the most amazing experiences with Christ. How humbling to be used in His plan. How powerful to be holding peoples hands when God changes their eternity, either in death or in life.

That day, the dear friend and I returned to the waiting room to hear news of a successful surgery. Waiting room full of thanksgiving and relief. As we all prepared to leave we interrupted life yet again. This time, it was interrupted before we all departed and got on with our daily lives, to stop, circle up hands and hearts, yes, right there in the middle of the waiting room, and offer a prayer of thanksgiving for God’s hand during the surgery and upcoming recovery. Someone comfort interrupted…this time not mine. Walking away without returning to say thank you to The Master interrupted. Life Interrupted.

In all the ways yesterday was interrupted, God was glorified. I desire to live that kind of a life interrupted by His presence anytime!

On the way to the hospital early that morning, I was listening to a song, and praying it would be true all day…I believe it was…



“He Is Here” 


He is here, Hallelujah, He is here, Amen
He is here, Holy Holy, I will bless His name again
He is here, listen closely
Hear Him calling out your name
He is here, you can touch Him
You will never be the same

VERSE 1

I sence an awesome moving of the Holy Spirit
I see His countenance resting on your face
I know that there are angels hovering all around us
For the presence of the Lord is in this place


CHORUS

He is here, Hallelujah, He is here, Amen
He is here, Holy Holy, I will bless His name again
He is here, listen closely
Hear Him calling out your name
He is here, you can touch Him
You will never be the same

VERSE 2

I searched for peace among the shadow, dark and lonely
Gave up on finding that strong and lasting love
I tasted all the things that sin could think to offer me
But today I feast on manna from above

CHORUS

He is here, Hallelujah, He is here, Amen
He is here, Holy Holy, I will bless His name again
He is here, listen closely
Hear Him calling out your name
He is here, you can touch Him
You will never be the same

He is here, you can touch Him
You will never be the same



No comments:

Post a Comment