Friday, December 18, 2009

The Word verses many words

I have often wondered about all this BLOG business, and now, as I sit in front of a blank screen, I am confronted by the realization that this is truly more difficult than I thought it would be.  First, I journal all the time, so thought this would be a breeze for me, but I am not used to writing my thoughts down for anyone else to read but me, or for anyone's hearing but Gods.  Second, I am struck dumb for heartfelt desire not just to have a meaningless blog that does nothing to edify or uplift the Kingdom or those reading it.  Maybe that is exactly what today is about...

Matthew 12:36 - "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment."

Luke 24:11 - "And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them."

Lord Jesus,

I pray that today, as we begin a new adventure in the life of Psalms 51 Ministry, that all that is said on this sight be purposeful, be pure, be power for living, and most of all be packed with Your Truth and Your Word.  Let us never tell such tales that men can not believe anything else we tell them.  Let us never add to or take away from Your Holy Word.  Keep us humbled before the responsiblity we have as well as the honored before You for the ability to speak as a mouthpiece for the love that You have first shown us.  Thank you Father for the love you show, and your eternal faithfulness even to your flawed followers.  I pray that people will be compelled to seek a deeper relationship with You by the stories that are posted to this sight.

In the name of the Word Himself, Jesus Christ,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment