Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Seems like such a trivial thing to say.  So brief.  Almost too concise.  How do you take a whole year of what God has done in your life and wrap it into such a cliche? And how can such an off the cuff wish fully capture the awe of starting off a brand new year that the Lord has planned for your life.  This year, as I look back through my prayer journal for the 2009 year, I am struck with wonder at how the hand of the Lord has moved.  I may not have known it at the time, and I may still not fully understand all it encompasses, but I know that the fingerprints of the Lord of this universe are all over my life and each one of those situations.  What an awe striking realization.  I am in the car, so I can not pull up the exact reference, I will get back to you on that, but it reminds me of the time Moses wanted to see God, and so God hid Moses in the cleft of the rock until He had passed by, and then let Moses see his back as He passed.  Can you say that as you look back over the last year?  Can you see all the places and situations where going into it, you could not "look on God face to face", but as the smoke cleared, you saw that He had so miraculously been there and saw the back side of what He had gone before you to make happen.  I pray that for each one of you tonight.  I pray you too take the time to look back over the last year, and let God reveal to you afresh the ways He worked in your life.  Take the time to offer Him praise for all He has done.  May our prayer also be that there are so many more of those this next year, that we see Him more clearly, and that we are very aware of the times that He has hidden us in the cleft of the rock and passed by us in all of His glory.   

No comments:

Post a Comment